|goo goo g'joob!
||[Apr. 27th, 2008|10:15 pm]
classic rock stamp
1. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Do you like to be out there where people can see you, or hidden away like a wallflower?
Definitely an introvert. I get very anxious in social situations, especially if I don't know anyone. If I'm just with one or two other people, I like to think I'm pretty good company, especially if they're people with whom I get along.
2. How do you feel about family? About friends? About people in general?
I am extremely grateful for my family - my parents raised me and my siblings with very open-minds and have always been supportive of anything we might like to explore. I wouldn't trade my family for anything.
I'm having a rough friend patch right now, because, well, I really don't have many good friends. I feel like I connect with the people on here so much more. I hope when I go to university later this year I'll be able to find some like-minded people.
People in general...I guess, for me, it comes down to two main groups. The people who want to put on a show and want to make other people think they're superhumanbeings and tend to be fake and delusional and conceited. Then there are the laid-back, take things as they are kind of people who are much more tolerant and open-minded.
I just wish more people were friendly in general. Maybe it's because I've grown up in New England.
3. Do you see yourself as progressive (working for the future), trendy (feeling only for the present), or retrograde (stuck in the past)?
I definitely see myself always looking towards the future and what's to come. I get bored easily, and I'm always exploring something or other that's new to me. I just like to expand and better myself, really. Generally, I enjoy and look forward to change.
4. Do you like to question things and experiment or take things for what they are and appreciate them as such?
I'm a naturally curious person, so I like to experiment to a point. But, as my nature can be, sometimes I just let things flow and just enjoy them.
5. How well of a first impression do you think that you make on people? Do people usually like you right off or do they have to get to know you to really become friends?
I think I make a pretty good first impression (at least I hope XD). When meeting someone new, I try to present myself in the best way possible - but this doesn't mean in a fake way - it's more like...I'm finally really comfortable with myself, and I want people to know that.
6. How well do you work in a team? Do you prefer to do things alone or split off and work with a partner or collaborate with a multitude of persons?
I'm not great at working in a team. Again, it depends on the situation, though, because if they're people I get along with then it's not too bad. In general, I prefer to do things alone, but if it's a partner I look forward to working with, then that works, too.
7. Do you like a multitude of appreciation or attraction from the opposite sex for whatever you do or do you preferdoing your own thing and letting them be damned?
I don't let my actions be influenced by some one else's opinion, regardless of sex. If I really want to do something, I'll do it. Of course I might not always be in the right - but I'll find that out for myself. Mistakes are for learning from! I just wouldn't be able to let someone else hinder me.
Praise is always nice to have, but that can't direct one's actions.